From exhibition design to the performing arts, digital technologies are shaping the future of how we experience art and culture.
This online session brought together by Vienna Business Agency and CIVA / sound:frame, invites you to take a deeper look into the work of Lara Lesmes and Fredrik Hellberg of the multidisciplinary design and research studio Space Popular, and influential theatre director Susanne Kennedy.
– What unites them is their exciting and novel use of digital technologies in their collaborations with museums, theatres and other cultural institutions. The result is innovation.
– Which new digital concepts and ideas can exhibition and stage design benefit from?
– How can digital strategies and interactive elements enhance exhibition displays or stage designs and how can they be implemented?
– How can architecture and design meet the changing expectations of visitors?
– Which digital tools in exhibition and stage design enable the audience to experience and participate in cultural production processes?
Join this online session and exchange ideas with other museum and theatre professionals, creative producers, artists and creative technologists.
Space Popular is a multidisciplinary design and research studio based in Spain, directed by Lara Lesmes and Fredrik Hellberg, both graduates from the Architectural Association School of Architecture in London. Space Popular creates spaces, objects and events in both physical and virtual space, concentrating on how the two realms will blend together in the near future. The studio has completed buildings, exhibitions, public artworks, furniture collections and interiors across Asia and Europe, as well as virtual architecture in the immersive internet.
Susanne Kennedy lives and works as a theatre director and artist in Berlin. Together with the visual artist Markus Selg she explores the boundaries between man and machine. In their theatre works they create situations where reality and simulation become blurred. Together they create theater installations, opera hapenings and exhibitons.
The session will include:
09:45 Welcome & Moderation: Eva Fischer (CIVA) and Heinz Wolf (Vienna Business Agency)
10:00 – 10:45 Lecture & presentation by Lara Lesmes and Fredrik Hellberg of Space Popular
11:00 – 11:45 Lecture & presentation by Susanne Kennedy
12:00 – 13.00 Joint discussion and workshop session
To participate in the online session we kindly ask you to register by 22 November 2022.
For questions, please contact Cornelia Lein
Photo: “Einstein On the Beach”, a walk-in music theater installation directed by Susanne Kennedy, Theater Basel 2022 © Ingo Hoehn